Skiing the 3 Valleys, or Les 3 Vallées, as its known in France will keep you busy for a lifetime and is probably one of the world’s largest ski areas with a whopping 600km of pistes, 321 downhill skiing pistes, more than 2,100 snow canons and 169 ski lifts.
The area as a whole enjoys excellent snow sure skiing on a range of slopes for skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels as well as some seriously breathtaking vistas.
Known for attracting celebrate skiers such as the Beckhams, Elton John, Robbie Williams and even Royalty the region is also home to 12 Michelin-starred restaurants so if you desire, expect excellent gastronomy during your stay.
Resorts of The Three Valleys
- Courchevel, located in the Saint-Bon valley (altitude between 1,300 and 1,850 metres).
- Méribel and Méribel-Mottaret, based in the Allues valley (altitude 1,500 and 1,700 metres, respectively). Méribel is the main town in the Allues valley.
- Brides-les-Bains is a spa resort also based in the Allues valley (altitude 600 metres). It is linked to Méribel by cable car.
- La Tania is located between these two valleys in the smaller La Perrière valley (altitude 1,350 metres). It offers easy access to the slopes of Courchevel and Méribel.
- Saint Martin de Belleville can be found in the Belleville valley (altitude 1,400 metres).
- Les Menuires is also located in the Belleville valley (altitude 1,850 metres).
- Val Thorens, the highest ski resort in Europe (altitude 2,300 metres), is also based within the Belleville valley.
- Orelle can be found in the smaller Maurienne valley (altitude 900 metres) close to the Belleville valley. It provides easy access to the highest point in the area: la Pointe du Bouchet (altitude 3,400 metres).
3 Valleys Accommodation
Mountain Lodge Adventures offer stunning chalets in the heart of St Martin de Belleville. IF you are looking for village charm, St Martin is a stunning setting with great access to the Les Menuires and Val Thorens slopes.
How to get to the 3 Valleys ski area.
Skiing the 3 Valleys has never been easier, it is within easy reach of Geneva airport, which is around two to two and a half hours away by car. Grenoble and Lyon airports are both options at around two and a half hours away and Chambéry airport is the closest at a stones throw of one and a half hours driver or transfer.
The simplest and most cost-effective way to travel between the resort and the airport is of course via a reputable transfer company. If you are looking to book a transfer to get to the 3 Valleys, contact Mountain Rescue Transfers.