Lyon Airport Transfers
Mountain Rescue Transfers offer Lyon airport transfers, 7 days a week, to all of the ski resorts in the Tarentaise valley. Tignes, Val d’Isère, Saint Foy, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens and more. See our destinations page page for the full list.
Flying into Lyon is a good choice. It's a reliable airport with alot of flight options. The transfer time from Lyon to Courchevel is just over 2 hours. Traveling to Les Arcs and La Plagne you are looking at around 2 hour 30 minutes and to Tignes and Val d'Isere 2 hours 45 minutes.
Our drivers will bring their vehicle outside the terminal and help you load your gear up. The drive to the resorts is mostly on motorway so it's a smooth transition from plane to powder. We offer Private transfers from Lyon direct to the ski resorts of the Tarentaise valley. A door to door service using comfortable 4 wheel drive vehicles.
Lyon Airport Guide
Formerly named Lyon Satolas, Lyon-Saint Exupery (LYN) is now the third biggest airport in France. It is situated 20 km east south east of Lyon city centre and has good access from the Alps by road.
There's also a train station in Lyon, which is directly linked to Paris and Marseille.
Lyon airport has three terminals, terminal 3 being the main hub for low-cost airlines and this shows with the lack of facilities provided here for passengers.
If you have time to kill there is more entertainment in terminals 1 and 2. There are some great bars and restaurants. Shopping includes duty-free, high tech stores, plenty of jewellers, and watch shops.
Several hotels are located close to the airport if you need to catch an early flight. This can be a good option to make your morning a little easier. Try the NH Hotel and the Ibis Hotel both are very close to the airport building.
Lyon Airport Passenger Information
- There is quite a distance between terminals so give yourself time to walk between them.
- Give yourself plenty of time to walk between security and boarding.
- Baggage trolleys are available in the car parks and are available in exchange for a 1 euro coin. Free tokens are available at the arrival hall.
- British Airways flies to Lyon as well as Easyjet and KLM to name a few.
- Lyon is the furthest distance from ski resorts but due to the route being motorway it takes a similar time to reach them as from Grenoble airport.