Terms and Conditions of Carriage
SARL Mountain Rescue Transfers
Updated 11th October 2021
"Mountain Rescue" will refer to the company SARL Mountain Rescue, 5 Le Croix Bozon, Peisey Nancroix, 73210. Siret 798 574 877 00014
"Customer" will be the person that makes the booking for themselves or on behalf of other persons.
"Party" shall refer to all persons travelling together in one single booking.
"Passenger(s)" shall refer to a person within a party.
"Operator" shall refer to a business that provides a transport service.
These terms and conditions of carriage are agreed to by the customer by booking with the Mountain Rescue.
COVID-19 Cancellations Due to Travel Restrictions
- If within 14 days of your first transfer you are unable to travel due to government restrictions, then you can contact us and cancel your transfer and receive a credit note for the transfer amount that is valid for 18 months of the date of cancellation.
- Payment for transfer must be made in advance and either in full or in part by the customer at Mountain Rescue’s discretion. A booking is not confirmed unless payment has been made.
- Payment can be accepted by:
- Credit/Debit Card, via the Mountain Rescue website, email link or over the phone;
- Cheque or Bank Transfer, which must be received and confirmed at least 7 days before travel;
- Cash, only when received in advance of travel.
- Online payments are made securely by credit card using our secure supplier: CIC Banque. No credit card details are taken or stored directly on the Mountain Rescue website.
- Transfer bookings may be made online, via email or by phone. In making a booking the customer accepts these terms and conditions and on all of the party travelling under the booking.
- Where two or more passengers are included on the same booking, the customer organising the booking shall answer for the entire booking arrangements.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide accurate information for the booking details, this includes flight details, accommodation details, email and mobile number.
- The booking confirmation is the customers proof of booking. The customer should carry a printout of the booking confirmation and invoice when travelling.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide the correct flight information. This includes the flight number and the local flight times. Mountain Rescue operates a schedule that is based on the times that are booked by our customers and we do not verify this information.
- Any issues caused during transit in relation to this information will be deemed the customers fault and not that of Mountain Rescue.
- It is the customers responsibility to provide the correct drop off and pick up address and location. We have an extremely good knowledge of all of the resorts we cover and a large database with GPS coordinates along with our driver’s personal knowledge but it still remains the customer’s responsibility to have the correct location details.
- If our driver cannot find your accommodation through lack of the correct information within 20 minutes Mountain Rescue reserves the right to drop the group at the tourist information or charge the customer for additional services.
- Mountain Rescue Transfers operates under a “Transport Public Routier Collectif de Personnes” licence. Under this licence alone Mountain Rescue cannot operate a one passenger transfer. If the customer books a group and some of the group are no longer available to travel to the extent there is only one passenger.
- Mountain Rescue Transfers are not legally permitted to do so. In this case, the customer must inform Mountain Rescue in writing 14 days prior to travel. If this notice is not given any monies paid will be non refundable.
- Mountain Rescue Transfers reserves the right to not transport the customer if no notice is given and transport is requested on the day.
- Once payment has been made the customer will receive a confirmation email and an invoice. This confirmation email should be received within 24 hours of payment. If it is not received please contact our office.
- The confirmation email details the travel plans requested by the customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the travel details are correct and to inform Mountain Rescue of any errors immediately.
- The customer must carry a print out of the booking confirmation and the invoice of payment when travelling as proof of payment.
- In the unlikely situation where a booking is made and payment received and there is no longer availability, Mountain Rescue will refund the customer within 24 hours.
Amendments, Cancellations and Refunds
- Booking amendments should be requested in writing via email and maybe subject to an administration fee of 35.00 euros.
- A booking amendment is a change of resort, change of passenger numbers, change of flight time. We can’t guarantee the booking is still secure at this point.
- Changes to flight times or dates within our cancellation period are considered as a cancellation at Mountain Rescue's discretion.
- Any change to your destination or pick up location from the organised must be done in writing via email 14 days prior to the date of travel. We can’t guarantee the booking is still secure at this point.
- Any changes to bookings can incur a 50.00 euro administration fee at Mountain Rescue’s discretion.
- The customer may request a cancellation at any time.
- Cancellations made up to 14 days before the first travel date will be refunded the full booking amount minus a 50.00 euro administration fee to cover banking and administration costs.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days but more than 7 days before the first travel date on the booking will be refunded 60% of the total price.
- Cancellations made less than 7 days of the first travel date/time will be charged at the full booking amount and no refund will be given.
- A cancellation applies to the entire booking from the first travel date and includes any further travel dates in the booking. For example, a cancellation made within the 7 days of the first travel date and with the return travel date over 7 days away. In this situation, this date is not treated separately and no refund will be issued for the whole booking.
- In the event of a cancellation, Mountain Rescue will refund the customer at its absolute discretion and will not fall liable for bank exchange rates and bank charges.
- In the event of Mountain Rescue cancelling a confirmed booking. Mountain Rescue will offer a full refund or help source alternative transport.
- The customer can request a confirmation email and invoice for insurance purposes.
Flight Delays, Cancellations and Rescheduling
- In the event of your flights being delayed it is the customers responsibility to inform Mountain Rescue of the situation and keep Mountain Rescue as informed as possible as to your arrival time. Mountain Rescue will do our best to keep informed at our end.
- If the customer makes no contact with the driver or the Mountain Rescue office within 60 minutes of the flight landing time, the customer will be considered as a “no show” and the driver is entitled to leave the airport without them. The customer will then be required to book a new transfer.
- Drivers will wait for 90 minutes from your flight landing time at no extra charge. After this there will be a charge of 30.00 euros an hour to cover driver and parking costs. This may need to be paid in cash to the driver upon arrival to the resort.
- When a flight lands later than scheduled, the waiting time rule no longer applies.
- After the 90 minutes, it may not be possible for the driver to wait, at this point we will endeavour to meet the customers travel requirements to the best of our ability. Mountain Rescue will try to make arrangements to get you on the next available transfer at no extra cost.
- If this is not possible we will ask you to claim with your travel insurance for the cost of a new transfer. The extra charge can be wavered or reduced at Mountain Rescue’s discretion.
- In the situation that a flight is delayed over 4 hours Mountain Rescue will consider the flight as cancelled and the customer will be required to book a new transfer at the full price. Mountain Rescue is happy to assist the customer with documents to make an insurance claim.
- In the situation where flights are cancelled and the customer no longer requires the transfer our normal cancellation policy applies.
- Customers are limited to two items of luggage (one normal holiday luggage bag not exceeding 23 kg and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag.
- Please ensure ski and snowboard bags are mentioned at the time of booking in order to ensure enough space on the transfer. Any luggage in excess of the above must also be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, we reserve the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items.
- The property of the customer is carried at their own risk. Mountain Rescue accepts no responsibility for loss or damage whilst in transit.
- Law dictates that all passengers are required to wear seat belts in vehicles operated by Mountain Rescue. It is the responsibility of the adults to ensure that children are fastened correctly and travel in a safe manner.
- Babies should be kept in baby seats at all times when travelling.
- Mountain Rescue reserves the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought for any reason unfit to travel with the Mountain Rescue. Passengers who misuse, mark or soil the interior of a vehicle will be liable to pay a cleaning charge of a minimum of 100.00 euros. This charge is payable immediately to our driver.
- Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles. The consuming of food is not permitted on any vehicle.
- Smoking is not permitted in vehicles.
- Customers must not leave rubbish of any kind in the vehicle.
- If the driver is asked to stop repeatedly we are not held responsible for the time these breaks take and the consequences of missing flights. If unscheduled stops are requested by the passengers Mountain Rescue can charge the customer a 100.00 euros fee for breaking the terms and conditions of carriage agreement.
Airport Pick Up and Resort Drop Off
- Mountain Rescue will specify the meeting armaments for each airport on the booking confirmation you receive after payment.
- Please inform us of which terminal you are expected to land in.
- You will be met at the airport by a Mountain Rescue driver and taken to your vehicle.
- Mountain Rescue will not be held responsible if our driver is unable to park his vehicle further than expected by the customer due to airport regulations or situations beyond our control.
- The customer is responsible for providing the correct information in regard to the accommodation and to direct the driver if required. If no address has been provided and the Mountain Rescue driver cannot find the accommodation after 30 minutes then Mountain Rescue reserves the right to drop the customers at the tourist information or charge the customer additional fees for the vehicle and driver hire.
Departing from Resort
- The pickup time on your booking confirmation is estimated at the booking stage, this time is confirmed by 17:00pm on the day before travel.
- If you have not received this message by 17:00 CET please call our operations number to confirm the time. It is the responsibility of the customer to contact Mountain Rescue to confirm if the SMS has not been received by 17:00pm.
- In general, we aim to get our customers to the airport in comfortable time and to give at least 2 hours for check in and flight preparation. We always like to give plenty of time for the unexpected.
- In the event of extremely bad weather and road conditions it is possible we will have to pick you up earlier, in these cases we reserve the right to change your pick up time at short notice.
- If you have specific requirements regarding your pick up time, please contact our operations team as early as possible so we can try to accommodate your request. Once you have received your confirmed pick up time we cannot always guarantee to be able to change this.
- Mountain Rescue accepts no responsibility for delays if the customer is not ready at the time stated.
- If the customers are not at the vehicle within 60 minutes of the stated pick up time the customer will be considered as a “no show” and the driver will be entitled to leave the resort without them. The customer will then be required to book a new transfer.
- Private transfer means your party has sole occupancy of one or more of our minibuses.
- You will not share the minibus with another group, unless arranged with the customer.
- At the time of booking a private transfer you can also tick a box stating that you are willing to share the transfer to gain a cheaper price. In this case, we can add another group if their flights fit around your booking and there is no additional waiting time for your party.
- We will always email or call you to inform you if we have another party interested in travelling with your group.
- You will receive an SMS and email the day before travel by 17:00pm giving you the drivers direct number.
- If the customer requests a certain pick up time from the resort, Mountain Rescue will accommodate where possible. Mountain Rescue will not be held responsible for any costs related to customers missing flights, trains or other services.
- If the customer is not at the pick-up point as arranged the Mountain Rescue driver will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes before departing and the customer is considered a “no show”.
- If the customer cannot be contacted the Mountain Rescue driver will wait for 30 minutes before departing and the customer is considered a “no show”.
- Shared transfers means the customer or the party will travel in a vehicle with or parties staying the same or other resorts.
- Allow 60 minutes to clear customs from your flight landing time.
- We reserve the right to alter the airport departure time by up to 30 minutes later if required.
- If you are delayed or your flight is cancelled we will not be able to wait. We will endeavour to get you on our next transfer if possible.
- Mountain Rescue advises that all our customers commit to the highest level of travel insurance possible. It is important that the customer is covered for force majeure and winter sports cover. The cover should include protection for missed or cancelled flights, medical assistant including repatriation, loss of baggage or money. Cancellation by the client.
Service Failure and Force Majeure
Our aim is to always get our clients to their location with minimal discomfort and inconvenience. However, we cannot be held responsible for certain circumstances beyond our control, such as:
- Traffic accidents causing delays to the vehicle.
- Vehicle breakdowns.
- Extreme, adverse and severe weather conditions.
- Compliance with requests of the police.
- Unforeseen traffic delays.
- Industrial action by third parties.
- Unforeseen problems caused by other passengers or transfer customers.
- Vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official.
- Force Majeure (e.g. Natural disasters, infectious disease, act of god, war).
- All other circumstances affecting passenger safety.
- We are always keen to hear about your travels with Mountain Rescue, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss problems you encountered or ways you think we can improve our service.
- Our aim is to always get our clients to their location with minimal discomfort and inconvenience. However, we cannot be held responsible for certain circumstances beyond our control, such as:
- Where Mountain Rescue book for travel on services provided by operators other than Mountain Rescue, Mountain Rescue do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
- Mountain Rescue reserves the right to outsource/subcontract bookings to other licenced transfer partners whom they consider trustworthy, reliable and to the same standard if the situation requires.
- If Mountain Rescue for any reason within our control are unable to deliver passengers to their confirmed destination, Mountain Rescue will provide a suitable alternative transport to carry its clients to their stated destination.
- Any reimbursement made by Mountain Rescue for the costs of alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their confirmed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that location by taxi.
- Mountain Rescue shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of breach in contract. In such cases our liability shall be limited to 200 euros per person.
- Nothing can affect the consumer’s statutory rights.
- Mountain Rescues terms and conditions of carriage are governed by French law, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the French courts.