SARL Mountain Rescue Transfers Terms and conditions of carriage
“Mountain Rescue” will refer to the company SARL Mountain Rescue, 5 Le Croix Bozon, Peisey Nancroix, 73210. Siret 798 574 877 00014
“Customer” will be the person that makes the booking for themselves or on behalf of other persons.
“Party” shall refer to all persons traveling together in one single booking.
“Passenger(s)” shall refer to a person within a party.
“Operator” shall refer to a business that provides a transport service.
These terms and conditions of carriage are agreed to by the customer by booking with the Mountain Rescue.
- Payment for transfer must be made in advance and either in full or in part by the customer at Mountain Rescue’s discretion.
- Customers are asked to request or inform Mountain Rescue of a cancellation by email.
- Where two or more passengers are included on the same booking, the customer organising the booking shall answer for the entire booking arrangements.
- Cancellations should be made 15 days prior to the date of the first transfer in order to receive a full refund less a 30.00 euros administration fee. No refund will be given if cancellation is received less than 15 days before you are scheduled to travel. In the event of a cancellation Mountain Rescue will refund the customer at its absolute discretion and will not fall liable for bank exchange rates and bank charges. In a situation of “force majeure” Mountain Rescue will not be held responsible for any refunds and the above cancellation policy will not apply.
- The customer can request a confirmation email and invoice for insurance purposes.
- Where Mountain Rescue book for travel on services provided by operators other than Mountain Rescue, Mountain Rescue do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that all the information passed on to us regarding their flights is correct. Any change to your destination or pick up location from the organised must be done in writing via email 14 days prior to the date of travel. We cant guarantee the booking is still secure at this point.
- Any changes to bookings can incur a 30.00 euros administration fee at Mountain Rescue’s discretion.
- In the event of your flights being delayed it is your responsibility to inform us of the situation and keep us as informed as possible as to your arrival time. We will do our best to keep informed at our end.
- Drivers will wait for 90 minutes from your flight landing time at no extra charge after this there will be a charge of 25 euros an hour to cover driver and parking costs. (This may have to be paid in cash to the driver upon arrival to resort.) After the 90 minutes it may not be possible for the driver to wait, at this point we will endeavour to meet your travel requirements to the best of our ability. We will try to make arrangements to get you on the next available transfer at no extra cost.
- If this is not possible we will ask you to claim with your travel insurance for the cost of a new transfer. The extra charge can be wavered or reduced at Mountain Rescue’s discretion.
- Customers are limited to two items of luggage (one normal holiday luggage bag and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag. Please ensure ski and snowboard bags are mentioned at the time of booking in order to ensure enough space on the transfer. Any luggage in excess of the above must also be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, we reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items.
- Mountain Rescue reserves the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought for any reason unfit to travel with the Mountain Rescue. Passengers who misuse, mark or soil the interior of a vehicle will be liable to pay a cleaning charge of a minimum of 50.00 euros. This charge is payable immediately to our driver. Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles. The consuming of food is not permitted on any vehicle.
- Smoking is not permitted in vehicles.
- If the driver is asked to stop repeatedly we are not help responsible for the time these breaks take and the consequences of missing flights. If unscheduled stops are requested by the passengers Mountain Rescue can charge the customer a 50.00 euros fee for breaking the terms and conditions of carriage agreement.
- Force Majeure (situations beyond our control): Our aim is to always get our clients to their location with minimal discomfort and inconvenience. However, we cannot be held responsible for certain circumstances beyond our control, such as:
- Traffic accidents causing delays to the vehicle.
- Vehicle breakdowns.
- Extreme, adverse and severe weather conditions.
- Compliance with requests of the police.
- Unforeseen traffic delays.
- Industrial action by third parties.
- Unforeseen problems caused by other transfer customers.
- Vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official.
- Natural disasters.
- All other circumstances affecting passenger safety our passenger safety.
- For transfers requiring a driver to work between midnight and 6am there is a 37 euros supplement per vehicle. This includes the time of the driver leaving resort to head to Airport, train or chalet. This amount can increase if over several hours of unsocial driving is required.
- If Mountain Rescue for any reason within our control are unable to deliver passengers to their confirmed destination, Mountain Rescue will provide a suitable alternative transport to carry its clients to their stated destination. Any reimbursement made by Mountain Rescue for the costs of alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their confirmed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that location by taxi.
- Mountain Rescue shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of breach in contract. In such cases our liability shall be limited to 400 euros per person. Nothing can affect the consumer’s statutory rights. Mountain Rescues terms and conditions of carriage are governed by French law, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the French courts.