- Book a hotel close to Geneva International Airport
- Geneva airport now has free wifi for all its passengers, just log on and you will get sent a text to your phone with the password to access your free hours wifi.
- You can now get a Geneva app for your smart phone called GVAPP! You can view flights in or outbound as well as parking help.
- Its easy to forget that Geneva’s currency is Swiss francs, but don’t worry lots of the shops, bars and supermarkets will except euros. Watch out though as you might get your change in Francs.
- Luggage trolleys will except a 2chf or 2 euros coins
Mountain Rescue offer private Geneva airport transfers 7 days a week to all of the ski resorts in the Tarentaise valley.
To book Geneva transfers to any of the resorts mentioned simply use the quick quote form on the right of the page. Get your competitive quote then request a transfer. Our Alps office will swiftly reply and send you a link for a secure on line card payment and your booked in.
Mountain Rescue offer half price last minute transfers during the season so if you are booking within 6 days of traveling check out our Geneva last minute transfers page. You could save up to 50% off if one of our buses are at Geneva the time you need them.
All our Geneva transfer include:
- Clean and comfortable Volkswagen Caravelle minibuses
- Smart, uniformed driver
- Bottled drinking water
- Child and booster seats
- 90 minutes of free waiting time
- 24/7 contact with our Alps office
- A Full licensed and insured business
Geneva airport guide
Geneva International Airport (GVA) is one of the busiest airports in Europe and is a major hub for Easy Jet, Transavia, KLM, Flybe and British Airways. Geneva airport has over 13 million passengers arriving on its landing strips every year and has more than 120 direct flight destinations. During the winter Geneva is a very popular of course for skiers and boarders traveling to ski resorts such as Tignes, Les Arcs and Meribel.
Geneva has a building project that will be complete by 2015, it started with the renovation of terminal T1 to meet the predicted growth of air traffic and streamline the flow of passengers. With the work finished on T1 and the implementation of the Schengen Agreement an agreement that does away with the need for identity checks for passengers traveling around the European Union. Passenger flow has now been reorganised and separated Schengen and non-Schengen passengers.
As all businesses do Geneva airport has a responsibility to be as environmental as possible and it has set itself objectives over the past and present years. For more information check out their environmental page.
Geneva airport is around 4km from the center of Geneva town and is linked by a train station just outside the main terminal. If you have waiting time in Geneva its very easy to pop into the city to spend a few hours.